Why You Should Try The Latest Exercise Fads

Hot yoga, aerial yoga, trampolining, cross-fit, bootcamp - these exercises are becoming more and more common. And there's a reason... it's fun!

If you're like me and you loose motivation on your own in the gym, then it's great to try out new exercises. Especially if your friends join in!
Myself and friend Emma hanging out at aerial yoga
Aerial yoga tops my list of the best ones to try - my first experience of it was a gift from my friend Lisa.

"For the past few years for birthdays and Christmases we would get each other a going out present, whether it be an experience, theatre or dinner. It's just nice to spend time with your friends especially as we're all busy working women," she explains.

"Aerial yoga was quite an experience! I've never been upside down before and the combination of acrobatics and yoga was interesting. I would definitely recommend aerial yoga if you're in the market to try something new. You do ache quite a bit afterwards but it's all good fun."


When we visited Aerial Yoga London, we had a great teacher who understood that it was a fun way to move your body - encouraging us to relax into it, swing holding hands, and rest upside down with our hair brushing the floor.

And, together with Lisa and Emma, we tried trampolining too...

"Trampolining was exercise activity I've never done before," Lisa said. "Jumping up and down on someone's trampoline in their garden yes, but this was completely different. Your legs get such a work out from the jumping and running. Definitely something I'd do again in terms of exercise. Trying out new forms of exercise is always a good idea if you're starting to grow weary of the same workouts at the gym."

Emma loved it too!

"The best thing about trying new exercises is doing an activity outside of your comfort zone whilst in an environment where you can have fun and a laugh with your friends. The stretch I felt after swinging in tandem from a London ceiling with my best friend at aerial yoga, was the best I'd ever felt, something you could never get from a normal yoga class! As were the Instagram pictures!"

Follow me on Instagram @SVMullins to see what we try next...

Want to suggest an activity for us to try? Comment below!

Comments