Best Brunches in Tring

Looking for a tasty brunch spot in Tring, Hertfordshire? We’ve done the research and sampled the eggs, avocados, and oats available in this market town. Here’s where we’d recommend –

Akeman

I think I’m addicted to the Akeman’s sweet potato hash topped with poached eggs – I can see that yellow yolk dripping as I write this. Honestly, this restaurant’s menu really has everything you want for brunch choice.

Whether that’s avocado on toast, eggs benedict, a full English, French toast with Nutella, or cheeky pancakes – there’s something for everyone. I will gladly admit to being a regular.

Sweet potato hash at The Akeman

Espresso Lounge

Simple, fresh, home-cooked, honest food. Great coffee and a selection of teas. You can’t go wrong.

They use free range meat and eggs all sourced from local farms in Wendover, Mentmore and Tring and many of their vegetables are actually home grown. As well as that, their charcuterie and cheeses come from local suppliers in Tring and Berkhamsted and they try to use seasonal produce for soups and salads. I like that.

Poached eggs on granary toast 

Jack and Alice

With lovely service, tasty food, and fab vegetarian options, Jack and Alice is definitely worth a visit. They even have banana bread on their brunch menu.

Black Goo

Relatively new to Tring, Black Goo is already super popular. You can understand why a cosy place with a great brunch menu – that includes my favourite smashed avocado, chorizo and eggs on toast – gets so busy. There's porridge, a heap of egg-based options, and lots of fresh bakes on the counter.


Want to suggest somewhere for me to try? Tweet me @SVMullins


Comments