WE TRIED IT: The Best Healthy Snack Bars

Here at On The Sliding Scales, we like to try things so you don't have to... and we want to! We've tested some of the best snack bars on the market with some lovely ladies - Natalie Bishop and Ellie Mullins - that love a healthy snack. Here are our conclusions...

Nakd Bars

STEPH: There are so many flavours of this clean, delicious snack bar and I love them. My latest favourite is Peanut Delight because it's like a bar of peanut butter, but I love anything chocolately so I've always been a fan of any of the cocoa flavoured ones... Cocoa Mint, Caffe Mocha, Cocoa Delight...

NATALIE: COCOA CRUNCH. I love a healthy snack bar.

ELLIE: I like the Cocoa Orange and the Bakewell Tart one.

Nature Valley Protein Bars

STEPH: My boyfriend and I are addicted to the 'Peanut & Chocolate' flavour of these super tasty bars. They have 10g of protein in them and taste unreal. Such a win from Nature Valley.

Eat Natural

NATALIE: Eat Natural bars are consistently delicious - all flavours. They are filling without making you feel tired like other snacks can. A great alternative for breakfast when you're in a hurry or the milk is out of date! And you feel better about yourself after eating something healthy than if you eat crisps, my other favourite snack.

ELLIE: The Eat Natural bars with extra protein are my fav!

The Primal Pantry

STEPH: Vegan and Paleo. No nasties. These are some of my favourite bars, available in a number of health food stores as well as supermarkets. The coconut and macadamia one is lovely.

Almond & Cashew Raw Paleo Bar


We also debated over other bars that we love - Trek protein flapjack and Aldi's own Paleo ones almost made the list - but we want to hear from you! What's your favourite snack bar?

Tweet me @SVMullins 

Comments