Eating Healthily At Your Favourite Chain Restaurants

Eating out in a healthy way is much more easy than you might imagine. Restaurants have expanded their range of meals that are better for you than in the past, from fresh salad combinations to swapping naughty sides for guilt-free options.

Since chain restaurants in the UK like Nandos, Giraffe, and even Frankie & Benny's are offering more healthy, filling meals than ever before, I've explored some of my favourites -

Nandos

Quinoa salad with chicken breast

This funky Portuguese menu offers some of my favourite flavours. Tasty peri peri chicken in varying degrees of heat, chunky sweet potato wedges, and minty macho peas are some of my most popular choices.

There are also some great salads, with the likes of supergrains and feta cheese, which bring yummy wholesome dish ideas to the table.

Giraffe

Giraffe's chicken, prawn & mango salad

With flavours from all of the world, there's bound to be something that tickles your fancy at Giraffe.

My top picks include the chicken, prawn and mango salad, as well as a Moroccan lamb tagine served with couscous. Next on my list to try here is definitely the crispy duck salad.

Wagamama

This Asian inspired restaurant is knocking it out of the park at the moment. With the option to swap your white rice for the more wholesome brown rice, it's super easy to eat healthy here.

Two dishes impressed me recently. The first was "seared nuoc cham tuna steak on a bed of quinoa with stir-fried kale, sweet potato, edamame beans, red onion and peppers, garnished with coriander". This was the tastiest dish featuring kale that I've ever had!

The second was the teriyaki beef donburi... beef brisket in teriyaki sauce with brown rice, shredded carrots, pea shoots and onions. Delicious.

There's so many other restaurants that I could mention here... Harvester, Toby Carvery, Pizza Express, Bella Italia... but I've just looked at three of my favourites. No matter where I eat, I always remember that I'm able to make good choices from these menus.

You can see my foodie explorations over on Instagram @SVMullins

Comments