Best Brunches in Berkhamsted

Berkhamsted is brilliant for brunch. This affluent market town has so many options for the best meal of the day. Here are a few of my favourites...

The Old Mill

This welcoming pub at the end of town has a simple but delicious offering. I always go for their perfectly poached eggs. With their own parking and tables right next to the canal, this is a great place to enjoy a relaxing and tasty start to the day.

The Old Mill's poached eggs on toast
Kings Arms

Part of the Oakmann Inns, a group of restaurants that I'm a big fan of (the business began in my hometown of Tring), the Kings Arms is in the middle of the High Street. You can treat yourself to a variety of dishes that feature the morning favourites of eggs, waffles and avocado - but my favourite is definitely the sweet potato and chorizo hash.

Bill's Restaurant

A restaurant that serves food from breakfast to bedtime, I love to start the day with their porridge. While they might focus on pancakes and eggs, the next brunch dish I'm planning to try is the baked spicy beans, chorizo and eggs.

I ate Bill's porridge


And there are many places still on my list to go for brunch in Berkhamsted, including House of High Tea, Black Goo and Porters on a lazy Sunday.

Where do you like to go? Comment below or tweet me @SVMullins

Follow my Instagram @SVMullins for brunching adventures

See here for where to brunch in the neighbouring town of Tring

Comments