REVIEW: Gordon Ramsey's Ultimate Fit Food

When Gordon Ramsey brought out a new cookbook that was healthy, I knew I had to get my hands on it as soon as I could. And since having it in my life, I have not been disappointed!

Gordon has combined wonderful flavours for healthy dishes that feature everyday ingredients in Ultimate Fit Food. It's easy to understand and makes nourishing dishes a lot more realistic to create on a day-to-day basis. In fact, it's what Gordon himself says he eats when he wants to eat well at home.

Gordon Ramsey's Raspberry and Honey Overnight Oats
Ultimate Fit Food is split into three helpful sections, each one offering breakfasts, lunches, suppers, sides and snacks with different health-boosting benefits. The Healthy section features nourishing recipes for general wellbeing; the Lean recipes are designed for healthy weight loss; and the Fit section is made up of pre- and post-workout dishes to build strength and energise.

Baked English Breakfast
Some of the recipes I've tried so far include breakfast winners like Raspberry and Honey Overnight Oats and Baked English Breakfast.

Both of these were delicious, satisying and simple to knock together. Both healthy without compromising on taste or flavour - I'm a fan! The Raspberry and Honey Overnight Oats in particular are going to become a staple breakfast for me.

As he is both a Michelin-starred chef and a marathon runner, it's easy to see both the genius and the experience behind the dishes in Gordon's Ultimate Fit Food cookbook.

I wanted to produce one of his dinner recipes next. So the Spiced Fish Tacos were up, super tasty and even pleased my boyfriend. It's not something we've ever tried before and the risk paid off!

Gordon Ramsey's Spiced Fish Tacos
The tacos were especially great because we could build them ourselves, adding what we liked, from shredded red cabbage to a cool yoghurt sauce.

I really enjoyed the variety and freshness involved in all of these recipes. There are many in the book that I'm still desperate to try out! When one of my favourite chefs puts together a book that suits my health and fitness goals, it's only natural!

Looking to try out a healthy snack next, I baked Carrot Cake Macaroons from this increasingly impressive cookbook. These were super tasty, relatively low on the calorie front, and fun to mix up. They are perfect to keep sweet cravings at bay.

Gordon's Carrot Cake Macaroons
I highly recommend Ultimate Fit Food to anyone who wants to eat healthily with a superb range of different flavours and tastes. It's one of my best cookbook recommendations.

Have you tried any of these recipes? Let me know on Twitter @SVMullins

See more of my cooking creations on Instagram @SVMullins



Comments